Ensure Your Pool Meets the Required Safety Standards and Complies with Legislation . DEADLINE FOR COMPLIANCE – 1 DECEMBER 2015.
ORGANISING YOUR POOL BARRIER INSPECTION AND CERTIFICATION FROM SEYMOUR CONSULTANTS IS EASY AND RELIABLE.
What Type of Dwellings Need to Adhere to Pool Safety Laws?
The introduction of Queensland Government’s Pool Safety Laws aims to reduce the number of immersion injuries and drownings of young children in Queensland pools. The new Pool Safety Laws have expanded to cover pools associated with:
- residential dwellings
- caravan parks
- moveable dwelling parks
- boarding houses
- guest houses, hostels
- lodging houses
- dwellings associated with another class of building such as offices, retail premises, car parks, warehouses and factories
- The Law also includes new requirements for indoor pools.
What is Required for Pool Safety Compliance?
Typically, there is a requirement for a Licensed Pool Inspector to inspect the pool and issue a Compliance Certificate which will remain current for 12 months for shared pools and 2 years for non shared pools.
Here are some tips to help you achieve compliance:
- Ensure that the height of the fence is at least 1200mm
- Remove any climbable objects from the fence ie. trees, shrubs, pot plants or creepers that may provide footholds
- Ensure that you have the latest CPR signage displayed
- Gates must self close from all positions
- Apply routine maintenance to all hinges and self closing devices on gates
- Gaps of no more than a 100mm between the lowest horizontal section of the fence and ground level
- Gaps of no more than a 100mm between two vertical palings/uprights
In What Ways Can Seymour Consultants Assist with Your Pool Safety Certification?
- Inspection of Pool Barrier inclusive of gates and access points
- Free registration of your pool on the Pool Safety Council’s Government Register
- Supply and Installation of Current CPR signage
- Mounted Pool Safety Certificates
- Free telephone consultation and advice which may save you time and money!
Why Choose Seymour Consultants for Your Pool Safety Requirements?
As market leaders in the area of safety, Seymour Consultants have been inspecting pools and pool fences for many years and make it our duty to stay up to date with all current pool safety laws applicable for your situation. At Seymour Consultants we pride ourselves on providing you with a professional, personalised and positive experience. We make it our mission to provide a level of service that separates us from our competitors.
Call us now on to book your pool barrier inspection or book online.