In accordance with the Privacy Act 1988, National Privacy Guidelines we have developed a policy that shows our commitment to the privacy of your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
- We will be required to collect personal information from you in order to undertake the services that you have requested.
- The type of personal information collected will include: names, surnames, physical addresses, email addresses and contact numbers.
- We will often source your personal information from a managing agent, Body Corporate or Owners Corporation. We assume that you have authorised the release of information for the purpose of allowing us to undertake the requested service.
- Our methods of collection may include:
- collecting information over the telephone
- receiving information by fax
- Online methods such as emails and our website.
Disclosure of Information
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
- We will not intentionally disclose information to third parties unless it is a matter of law. Third parties may include but not limited to Local and State Governments.
- If a matter of law, we will disclose information if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a serious threat to an individual’s life, health and safety and/or a serious threat to public health or public safety.
Quality and Security of Information
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- At times we may request updated information to ensure that our records and systems are maintained and accurate.
- Personal information is stored on secure servers in an electronic format or in controlled locked up facilities in a hard copy format.
- Our employees are obligated to respect the confidentiality of any personal and sensitive information.
- Security of information over the Internet i.e. emails cannot be guaranteed and therefore Seymour Consultants will not be held responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to personal information.
- From time to time we may use your personal information to send you information about the latest updates to legislation, products and services. If you do not wish to receive this information, please contact our offices on 07 5573 4011.
Right to access individual information
- Individuals have the right to review the information that may be recorded on our database. Information may be reviewed by contacting our offices on 07 5573 4011 or emailing us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are obligated to give individuals the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with our organisation
- Where lawful and practical, an individual may choose not to be identified, however as such anonymity may not be guaranteed.
Concerns and Queries
- Please direct any concerns or queries relating to this policy to email@example.com or contact Seymour Consultants on 07 5573 4011.
Policy Effective Date
25 January 2011.