Tap To Call
Review us on Google


Our latest news!

Pool Safety Register

The Pool Safety Register serves to provide records to the public about which pools are registered as having a Pool Safety Certificate issued in a particular locality.

All residential pools in Queensland must be registered with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC). Failure to do so can result in both fines and costs to pool owners to rectify any non-compliance.

A licensed pool safety inspector carries out compliance checks to see if the pool meets currents standards for:

  • Fences
  • Gates
  • Latches
  • Signage

Buyers of a property that have a pool can search the QBCC Pool Safety Register to determine if the pool has had a Pool Safety Certificate issued.

If a person is selling a property with a pool, it is now a legal requirement that home owners must obtain a Pool Safety Certificate from a licensed pool safety inspector.

This can take the form of a Pool Safety Certificate being provided to the buyers before settlement or the purchasers may accept a Notice of No Pool Safety Certificate before signing a contract.

A copy of the Notice of No Pool Safety Certificate must also be provided to the Queensland Building and Construction Commission at the time.

If buyers choose to accept the Notice of No Pool Safety Certificate, they have a period of up to 90 days from settlement to obtain a Pool Safety Certificate and could be liable for any associated costs to make the pool compliant if not stated in the contract for sale.

If a pool has been built within the last 2 years, a final inspection certificate or certificate of classification issued by the building certifier can be used as a Pool Safety Certificate for:

  • 1 year for shared pools
  • 2 years for non-shared pools.

If you are leasing a property to tenants, whether that be a house, townhouse or unit and it has a pool, as the home owner you are obligated to provide a Pool Safety Certificate if one does not already exist.

For shared pools associated with long-term accommodation, such as a pool in a unit complex, you must get a Pool Safety Certificate within 90 days of entering into the accommodation agreement.

Seymour Consultants can ensure your pool meets the required safety standards and complies with current legislation with our pool barrier inspection and certification services.

This legislation affects you as a pool owner if your pool is in a residential property, caravan park, boarding house, guest house, hostel, lodging house, retail premises, car park, warehouse or factory so it pays to have the professionals ensure you are meeting your legal obligations.

If you have a pool, don’t delay, call the expert team at Seymour Consultants today on 07 5573 4011 to book in a pool barrier inspection and certification.